Friday, November 27, 2009

I am Thankful

Wow, do the holidays come and go so quickly! Yesterday was Thanksgiving and what a fantastic holiday it was...probably the best Thanksgiving to date! Due to growing up in a split family, half the day is always spent with my dad's side of the family in the morning/afternoon and the other half is always spent with my mom's side of the family in the afternoon/evening. Needless to say, it's always a long day of family, food, fun and laughs!

This year, it seemed as if both sides of the family were in great spirits and everyone, for the most part, was/is doing well with their lives. I feel that everyone was just on the same page and so happy to be together. I am thankful to have a large family - 2 sides of family that are closer than ever with each other and who are all healthy, happy and successful. I am very family oriented so spending this quality time with my family is always something to look forward to. There were new family stories, new laughs and new people who joined us (lucky them haha!).

My holiday proceeded to go well into the early hours of the morning the following day (yes you read that right). It's tradition to stay at my aunt's house (on my mom's side) pretty late at night on holidays. We'll all gather together around the kitchen table, drinking wine, telling stories, laughing while my cousins' friends proceed to enter the house for the annually anticipated holiday poker tournament. The house is filled with family, friends and some people we don't even know lol but it's always a great time and we have a blast!

I'm now gearing up and getting ready for Christmas and New Year's!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment