Sunday, February 14, 2010

Above All Things...Love Yourself!

Today marks Valentine's Day. For some people, it's a day full of love, comfort, being with who's important to you and it's most likely filled with flowers, chocolates and teddy bears lol. For others, it can be a day to take pity on themselves for not having a significant other to share the day with. I usually don't understand why people can get so wrapped up in today, after all - it's just another day. We shouldn't let 1 day make us feel more or less important than any other day.

Today I was fortunate to spend a couple of hours with some truly amazing and inspiring women. As usual on Sundays, I headed to my coach, Cathy Savage's studio in Norwood, MA (www.cathysavagefitness.com) - little did I know what was in store for me today. We had our usual session...caught up, worked out, laughed and practiced our posing/walking in our heels. How very sexy for Valentine's Day! But the end of the session brought a lot to every women's attention and made us open up our eyes. Yes, Valentine's Day is all about love and loving others but very rarely do we take time to love ourselves. We can get so caught up in pleasing others and taking care of others, that we never take time to take care of ourselves, to love ourselves. We all participated in an exercise in which we all had to go around the room to state something that we loved about ourselves...something physical about us as most women have twisted views of themselves and their bodies. It was a great opportunity for us to go around and...love ourselves, our beings and our bodies. We are women and we're proud of who we are. It was so wonderful to all come together in a positive manner to celebrate who we are on this day - what a bonding experience.

Yes, it is certainly important to love others and to take the time to take care of those who are important to us and who we hold close to our hearts. But we cannot do that until we are truly loving ourselves. It is only then that we can fully love others and spread that wealth. I am realizing that I am very confident in who I am today and proud of the woman that I've become. I love me and am celebrating myself today! I urge you all to take the time to think about what you love about yourselves and to celebrate yourselves as well...it's a great gift!

Happy Valentines Day! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment