Sunday, February 21, 2010

Do You Have Your Support Team?

How many of you out there truly have 100% support from your family, loved ones and friends in whatever goals & dreams that you have and wish to accomplish? 100% support doesn't mean saying "I support you" - anyone can say that. 100% support means really being there, really having your best intentions at heart and really being there for you every step of the way, through good and bad times.

When I first ventured on this fitness journey to start competing in fitness/bikini competitions, everyone around me thought that I was a little nuts and wondered why I was doing it. Did I have something to prove? Had I lost my mind? The answer was simple...I did it for me. I wanted to do more with my life. I was sick of just going through the every day motions of going to work, etc. I wanted more and deserved more out of life - we all do. However the difference between many of us is that some of us choose to just sit there and go through the motions every day while others go out there and actually make it happen. I made it happen. I changed up my routine - I changed up my workouts and my nutrition. I changed up who I started hanging out with as I found that although certain people said that they were there for me and supported me, the truth is that they really did not.

I learned through this whole process who my true friends are. My family will always be there for me regardless. Will they always approve of me bringing my own food to family events? Nooooo but they still love me for me and now understand what I do and why I do it, they've seen how happy it makes me and how determined I am. I've created a whole new support team in the form of team mates, women of all ages who are there for me through my best of times and worst of times. These women inspire me and motivate me and keep me pushing forward for more. To have a support team like this only drives my confidence and makes me a better person as I hope I do the same for them.

Regardless of whatever you're going through in life, create your support team. Find the people who inspire you and motivate you to keep pushing you further towards your goals. Take each day one by one and cherish in the good times and learn from the difficult times. A support team is so important in all aspects of life. This is what keeps me going and I'm sure it will keep you going as well. Surround yourself with positive people and get rid of the negative people who will only bring you down. Live your life and reach for those goals because every baby step you take will ultimately get you there. A support team standing behind you and rooting you on makes all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. I've recently been thinking a lot about my "support teams" as it seems that some people that claimed to be just that have fallen by the wayside. I definitely think that having a support team DOES make all the difference. I'm so happy to have met you and all the other girls because if it weren't for knowing you guys, I would not have come as far as I feel I have.

    ReplyDelete