Monday, February 8, 2010

Consistency is Key

We all know that weight loss doesn't just happen overnight or within the blink of an eye. It requires hard work, focus and most importantly...consistency. You cannot achieve anything in life without consistency. As a certified personal trainer, I've heard many stories of people wanting to lose weight, but after a couple weeks and no results, they steer off track and head right back down the same road they were traveling on before. Nobody stops to realize that this road led them nowhere in the past...so what makes them think that it will lead them somewhere in the future?

If you are serious about your fitness goals and results, you must be ready, both mentally and physically, to put in the time and work required of you. Achieving a goal requires work and is certainly not easy by any means. The key is to stay focused and to stay on your path. While dieting for shows in the past, I've sometimes steered away from my diet thinking that if I have a bite of something here or there that it won't ultimately hurt me. However the truth is that these little things add up and in the end, I was not being consistent therefore I saw no results. Once I stayed on track and focused on the goal, I was well on my way to the stage.

Take the time to write down your fitness goals. Next, map out a plan of attack - maybe these fitness goals require more gym time, yoga for flexibility, more time in the kitchen cooking healthier meals and snacks. Whatever you find that will help you to get there...stay on top of yourselves and hold yourself accountable. Remember, consistency is key and consistency will pay big dividends in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment