Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Time is a Ticking...

Ok folks...I am officially a little over 8 weeks out from my first pro show of the year. If you're wondering how I'm doing and how my prep is going, let me fill you in - I AM FREAKING OUT! Yes, you read that right...my usual, calm, collected self is getting nervous and scared. Now do I normally get nervous for shows? Yes, but only when I'm just about to walk on that stage and strut my stuff. I'm getting nervous so soon because I feel like there is a lot of pressure on me this year - I certainly don't want to make a fool of myself that's for sure. I'm afraid because I feel as if I won't fit in. This is a whole new ball game from what I'm used to and I'm hoping that I can just do my thing and "hang" with the big boys (or should I say the big girls lol). I'm grateful and so excited but my nerves are taking over the best of me. I keep 2nd guessing myself and that, in turns, makes me more scared. I'm realizing that I just have to keep on doing what I have been doing, train hard, be smart and just be me because in the end, that's all that I can really do. I have a fabulous theme for my fitness routine this year and the choreography is amazing. Now it's just time to buckle down, practice and get it done! If all goes well, I'll continue with fitness as I love the challenge however I'm also competing in bikini this year too. It'll be interesting to see what better suits me. In the meantime - it's dieting, cardio, lifting, yoga and routine practice! Oh and maybe some work and sleep mixed in there too! Keep checking back on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment