Monday, March 8, 2010

Arnold Weekend Recap



I'm back home from an amazing weekend in Columbus, OH for the 2010 Arnold Classic Sports Festival Weekend. It was great to spend the weekend with my coaches at Cathy Savage Fitness as well as teammates. I was also able to reconnect with friends in the industry who I sadly only get to see at events such as these so that was a treat.

The weekend started on Thursday evening where some of my teammates competed in the 2010 Arnold Amateur Bikini & Fitness divisions. The show was an overall success and greatly organized. My teammates rocked the stage as usual while all of us in the audience went crazy supporting them and cheering at the top of our lungs! Big shout outs to my close friends Jess Kenney who placed 5th in the bikini short class, Annette Perry who placed 1st in the bikini short class and Nicole Moneer who placed 2nd in the bikini medium class. They truly shined on stage!

Friday we all headed to the famous Arnold Expo where every supplement company had booths. We walked around, got to visit friends working booths and overall just had a good time with each other. Later that night we watched the IFBB Women's Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure finals. As a new IFBB pro who will be crossing over into fitness, it was amazing watching these talented women get on that Arnold stage and perform. It definitely got me amped up for my pro debut!

Saturday we made our 2nd trek to the Arnold Expo, although this time it was a lot busier and we could hardly walk around! We stayed for a good amount of time and then wrapped it up quick lol. I was fortunate to shoot with the talented Lianna Saadi later that afternoon then instead of going to the after party, a bunch of us went out for a late dinner filled with good food, good drinks (none for me though lol) and some good laughs - a great way to end the trip.

Weekends like these put a lot in perspective for me. I have great friends, great coaches and great teammates. I am so lucky to be surrounded by such positive and inspirational women!

No comments:

Post a Comment