Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week of Pro Debut

It is finally here...my pro debut! To answer any and all questions that people may have...yes, I received my IFBB pro card in bikini however I will be crossing over and making my pro debut at the IFBB Pro Fitness show this weekend - Saturday 4/3/10 in NYC. I'm really happy to be competing at the Tribecca Center of Performing Arts again as this is where I received my pro card last year, so it has significant meaning to me.

It's been a long journey to get here - many weeks were spent training hard yet questioning myself at the same time...wondering "what on earth am I doing?". I was stressing myself out to no end thinking of who I would be up on that stage with and who I would be competing against. These women are all super talented, I mean that's why they're pros right?! They've been doing it for years - they have the muscle maturity that little 'ol me just doesn't have. I was constantly analyzing the show and these women and comparing myself - I was driving myself nuts! But just a couple weeks ago, I stopped. I realized that I'm training hard, dieting hard, and simply bringing the best package to the IFBB NY Pro for ME, no one else. I have a great routine that I LOVE and is just so "me".

Needless to say....I'm over stressing myself out and simply just excited and ready for my pro debut. I'm excited to showcase what I've worked so hard for and to simply rock it out with the best of them on stage. I've certainly had obstacles in my way this time...a lot of injuries! The latest being a pulled left hamstring but I'm trying to rest up in order to give my routine my absolute all on Saturday. I simply can't wait! What an experience this is going to be!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment