Sunday, April 25, 2010

We Live and Learn

Ok, so I've clearly been slacking in my blog - it's almost been 2 weeks since I last posted! As many of you know, I competed in the Europa Show of Champions in Orlando, FL about a week ago. The plan was to compete in fitness all along but due to a hamstring pull, I decided to not cancel my tickets but to still head to sunny FL and compete in bikini (where I had originally won my pro card in).

It was great to meet up with a lot of people that I have not seen in a while, especially my roomie, another fellow IFBB bikini competitor, and my VPX gang. Over the years, I've met many people in the industry so catching up with them was a pleasure. And yet - there are still so many people to meet, so it was quite the show to make new friends.

I went in to the weekend not feeling my absolute best as I couldn't give it my all towards the end because of my leg, especially when it came to training and cardio. Doing the NY Pro Fitness show just 2 weeks ago, didn't help my leg either but that show was just so much fun and I wouldn't trade that experience in! Needless to say, I didn't look my best so I didn't do my best. Overall the weekend was a HUGE learning experience for me. The bikini division is still so new with the NPC/IFBB so I still feel that they are feeling the grounds for what they are looking for and that certainly confuses me. But with anything new, you just need to do it a couple times to figure it out.

Coming home from the weekend, disappointed doesn't even come close to how I felt with myself. I was down and out for the count. Buttt - I didn't let that consume me and make me feel bad for myself. I realized what had happened and just needed to move on and that's what I'm doing. Competing in fitness for me won't be happening for the remainder of the year unfortunately as I feel it's going to take some time for my leg to heal plus I really want to focus on my physique as well as strength/flexibility for fitness. However I can't conclude 2010 with my last show, so with that being said I'm aiming for another bikini show in the summer. I feel that this will give me enough time to make some serious changes and to really bring my A game next time. So yes, I plan on redeeming myself for me!

With this particular experience as well as many life experiences, we live and we learn. We can either sit and ponder/mope about things or move on with positivity and that's what I intend to do! I've got some fuel now to add to this fire and I'm ready to do some damage next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment