Tuesday, April 6, 2010

1st Pro Show is a Wrap!




I am home and have successfully competed in my first IFBB pro fitness show. What an amazing experience I had! Leading up to this show, I was filled with a mix of emotions ranging from anxious, nervous, happy, excited, etc. It was a roller coaster ride to say the least. But looking back on my whole experience and presence at the show, I can say that I gave it my all and performed at my best. Granted, I did have some obstacles with being a newbie and crossing over from bikini to fitness and the worst of it all - pulling my hamstring a week before show. But I held my own, walked on that stage with my head high and stood in that line up with the best of them! I am so proud of myself.

I met some amazing women who welcomed me with open arms and helped to calm me down before the show. For that, I am truly thankful. I felt like I belonged and honestly, that's all that I wanted. I knew going in to the show that I wasn't the ideal physique that they were looking for - I did have that "bikini" look but with a little bit more muscle and I wasn't as lean or tight as some of the girls but I came in with the best package for me. I'm so glad that I took that enormous leap to cross over and just went out there and did it. By doing so, I learned a lot! My goal is to keep competing in fitness however I probably won't be competing in fitness for another year or so. With the pull of my hamstring a week before the show, it messed a couple things up for me and I really want to give that time to heal. I also know that my physique is not where it needs to be right now in order to do some damage on the fitness stage again. Therefore, I'm going to be competing in 2-3 bikini shows this year, have a kickass off season where I can build some more and then jump right back into fitness at the NY Pro show again next year....I'll know to give my body more time to lean down and get tighter, overall bringing a much better package to the stage. It'll also allow me to work on some serious strength moves and flexibility so I'm super excited!

Next up for me is the Europa Show of Champions in Orlando, FL in just 2 weeks! Back to hitting the gym and some clean eats - hoping to rock the bikini world now! So excited for where I'm at both mentally and physically right now...gotta keep working hard to that goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment