Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Keep Pushing For It



I just got home after a kickass workout at the Cathy Savage Fitness studio with the one and only, Paula Harvey (otherwise known as Lil P). Paula is a little bundle of fire and energy that choreographs many fitness routines as well as trains many of Cathy's clients with functional and plyometric workouts. She also helps many of us with our stage presence/walking and posture. Did I mention that she is also an amazing yoga teacher? That woman sure can do everything! Geesh!

After training clients and running bootcamps all day, it can sometimes be difficult to focus on my own training and making sure that I am pushing myself as much as I push others. Don't get me wrong - I certainly train hard. However, after tonight's workout I am realizing that I need to push myself harder. When I workout with Paula, she pushes me to a place that I never knew I could get to. After an hour with her, I feel amazing and stronger than ever!

With that being said...I think that this relates to everyone in their everyday lives. This doesn't have to just be about training and workouts. Do you want that promotion at work? Are you currently doing everything in your power to get there? Really think about it - if not, push harder! We tend to get to a comfort zone that we can never get past. Write down your goals, what you want to achieve, where you want to be strong and succeed and...make it happen. We are each strong in our own separate ways. Strength is not just about the physical aspect - it is also very mental and emotional. If you had to pick just 1 thing - what would be your greatest strength????

No comments:

Post a Comment