Friday, August 21, 2009

Making Time for Me

Today (Friday) marks the start of another summer weekend. I have not had the chance to fully enjoy a summer weekend until now and I am so excited! I have typically been working 6-7 days a week and now that I look ahead, I'm finding that I have tomorrow off from everything - could this be for real? LOL I'm not used to this empty space in my calendar and sadly, don't know what to do with myself. Of course, I'll get in my training but when that's finished - then what? Sometimes we get so consumed by our everyday lives that we never get to stop and take time for ourselves and that's exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow - making it a day for ME! Don't get me wrong, there won't be anything crazy happening like a spa day or a shopping spree but I'll be able to get in some training, yoga and dare I say some beach time?!

I'm realizing that everyone needs a day off - a day off to themselves, to relax, to enjoy their family, friends, etc. We can't keep going full steam ahead or else we get burnt out very quickly making it a not-so-pleasurable experience not just for ourselves, but for everyone else around us. Make sure you have that day off - to maybe get some errands done you've been putting off for quite some time, to tackle the yard work (at least it'll get you outside), to grab lunch with a family member or friend you have not seen in quite some time, to just enjoy "your time".

I'm looking forward to "my time" tomorrow - look at your calendar, when's "your time"?

No comments:

Post a Comment