Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Starting on a Clean Slate

So today marks my very first entry in my new blog and I'm very excited about it. I've heard about blogging here and there and never quite grabbed the concept of it until now. It seems as if it's such an easy way to stay connected with family and friends and to let everyone glimpse into my life and have a taste of my world from day to day.

The summer is coming to an end and I feel as though I didn't even have a summer. I've been working my butt off since May! I've hardly had days off but I feel that in the end, it has most certainly all been worth it. I was in the corporate world for many years after I graudated college and am now just finally pursuing what I enjoy .... personal training! I am very motivated and passionate about fitness and health and only want to pass on this motivation and passion to others. The start was pretty rough but I can gladly say that I'm finally on my way and feel confident about my future in the industry.

On top of being busy as anything with work, I'm gearing up to compete in September at the NPC Team Universe show in NYC and in November at the FAP Nationals in Las Vegas. Taking last year off from competing helped me to put alot of things in perspective and I am now doing what I enjoy and what makes me happy. I love setting goals, sticking to them and seeing through them. With my competitons, these are very personal challanges that I face but ones I won't be backing down from anytime soon. These shows help motivate me, push me and challenge me unlike no other. And through it all, I've made the best of friends and formed some amazing support systems. All of this is greatly due to my wonderful coach and staff, Cathy Savage Fitness.

Keep checking in to see how I'm doing with my preparation for fall shows!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment