Monday, September 21, 2009

The Results Are In....


I am officially an IFBB Pro! You read that right...I received my pro card at this past weekend's NPC Team Universe show in New York. I am thrilled and on cloud nine right now!

I originally had planned on working this particular show for VPX; however, after putting some thought into it and being asked by various people why I wasn't competing, I decided to get my act together and train to compete. Boy, am I glad I made that decision! I went into this show just to see how the new NPC Bikini division was run and if I liked it, to continue competing with them. You see, I have been competing for 4 years now. I feel as if I have been all over the place with my "look" and/or physique and where I belong (what federation to stick with and compete in). I first started out competing in Figure. However after various attempts at shows, I realized that the Figure look wasn't so much me. I then moved on to Bikini - a more healthy, fit, athletic look. This seemed more my style and I could showcase my personality more on stage, yet something was still missing. This year I stepped it up and started competing in Fitness on top of Bikini. Fitness made training that much more rewarding once you nailed your routine on stage. Was it harder to train for? Absolutely. Am I glad I did it? Heck yea! Fitness gave me that thrill I was looking for. I was still dabbling with the Bikini division though and seeing if that was for me. It's hard in the competing world when you can't figure out where your home is or where you truly belong - it makes it a lot harder on yourself.

With all that being said...I feel that this is by far a great path laid out ahead of me and I can't wait to see what it brings. Am I scared? Yes, absolutely - but I am ready for this new challenge and new "stage". My coach, Cathy Savage, and her staff have been simply amazing throughout my whole transformation and journey with them. Without any of them, I wouldn't be where I am today - so thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I think that I'll be taking the remainder of the year off to focus on some good training and getting my business and clients squared away. Come next year....I'll be hitting that pro stage and I can't wait!!!!

Thank you to everyone for your continued support - love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment