Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feeling Under the Weather

This happens every time I train for a show, especially at the very end of my contest prep...I get sick! Now I'm not one to usually get sick as I stay active, take my vitamins, drink PLENTY of water and eat very well. However because I have a show a little less than 3 weeks away and both my training is pretty intense and my variety in food is let's just say bland and lacking variety....I start to get weak and prone to whatever bug is currently going around. The past 3 days I have taken it easy with training and have only walked the lake, if that. My diet has not been 100% on point because let's face it...who wants to eat white fish when they are sick?! Not this girl!

Instead of pushing for it and continuing to work hard, like most people will probably do...I listen to my body. It's telling me to relax and to take some time off to take care of myself. Why do I want to continue pushing only to feel worse in the end? Don't get me wrong...I AM getting to that show, but my health is my main priority and while others may jeapordize that, I certainly will not. To be healthy is something that a lot of individuals can take advantage of. If you have good health - hang on to it by taking care of you (even if that requires taking some time to rest).

I'm hoping to be back in the swing of things by tomorrow or the latest, by Friday. Fingers crossed!

1 comment: