Friday, January 8, 2010

Living It Up



Over the holidays, I also celebrated my 30th birthday. To me, it was just another birthday and just another year older, but my family and friends convinced me that it was a big milestone and that we needed to celebrate. My sister and I decided to do something a little bit different and unique to remember my 30th birthday - we took a trapeze lesson! The picture above is of me conquering the art of trapeze. Although I am fairly strong and athletic, this certainly exceeded my wildest imagination in that it was really scary and really difficult! The lesson consisted of me, my sister and about 10 kids ranging from ages 3-12 - these kids looked like pros with no fears up there! I could certainly do it just like them, right? Wrong! Although very safe and harnessed in, I let my fears take over me. However the more I kept going up there and trying it again (still getting a wave of fear pass through me as I climbed the stairs), I felt a little bit better about the next attempt. In the very end, both my sister and I were able to hang upside down on the trapeze bar and let one of the professionals catch us from the other side - it was pretty cool! Will I be doing that again in my near future? Probably not LOL, but at least I can say that I will never forget my 30th birthday. Thanks to my sister for doing it with me and celebrating in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment