Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

January is into full effect and I am loving it! I am gearing up for a fabulous spring competition prep - this week's training has been right on and dieting is buckling down. I am feeling so much better after all the holiday gatherings, that's for sure. Things have been really picking up at the gym too - I am buuusssyyy but enjoying every moment of it.

With the new year, comes a lot of people with new year's resolutions. Many of these resolutions fall into the health and fitness category, specifically losing weight. Most gyms are now packed and jumping with people with all of these resolutions. I'm finding that a lot of people (regular gym goers) start to complain a lot about this time of year, in that they hate how busy a gym can get with all of the "new year's resolution people". The more and more I hear this, the more and more frustrated I get. Shouldn't we be happy that these people are getting up, out and to the gym in order to be healthier? Granted, the number of people sticking it through are not that high but can't we give them the benefit of the doubt? Instead of putting down these people, let's congratulate them on going for it. Maybe this type of support will make them stick through it longer than a couple of months? A little motivation and support can go a long way...

No comments:

Post a Comment