Wednesday, January 13, 2010

That Time of Year

This time of year is always somewhat sensitive for me and my family. For those of you that don't know me, my mother died unexpectedly in a car accident 20 years ago. That day forever changed my family and threw us all into a world wind. My family has never been the same since. Some years I'll find that I am completely fine and the day doesn't phase me at all. However some years I get into a little emotional rut and go figure, that happened this year. I think it's mainly because this year marks the 20th anniversary of her death. I was completely fine at work all day yesterday, got my training in and then once I got home, it hit me - wow, it's been 20 years! I have not been the same since. I am hoping that I can kick this when I wake up tomorrow. It's great to remember and it's great to celebrate her and to be close with my family. I just don't like being an emotional rut and not myself, as it's not like me at all.

Here's to the celebration of my mom's life and what she left behind. I love my family and know she'd be proud of all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment