Friday, October 23, 2009

Proud to be a Savage Girl


Many people often ask how I got involved in fitness competitions as it is not a very common hobby. After I had graduated college, I started working very closely with a personal trainer. I had always gone to the gym and worked out, but needed someone to guide me and show me some new things in order to see some significant changes in my physique. While working with her, she would constantly copy recipes and articles from various magazines for me. One magazine in particular, Oxygen Magazine, stood out one day. I had never heard of this magazine before. I decided to go to the nearest store and grabbed the latest issue. Needless to say, I was hooked by the first issue! The magazine explores everything from training, dieting, clean eating and....figure/fitness/bikini competitions. This is where I first learned about the sport! As I continued to read on every month, I noticed that some of the same names in the industry would keep popping up, and 1 in particular caught my attention...Cathy Savage. Cathy stood out because she is very reputable in the industry. All the women that worked with her looked athletic, fit, feminine and most important, healthy. And the best part - she was right in my backyard in Massachusetts and I had no idea!
From there, I proceeded to contact Cathy to learn more about the sport and what it took to prepare for a show. What possessed me to contact her?! I have no idea! But from there, she invited me to come check out one of her "Sunday Sessions", where all the local women would meet for 2 hours a week and workout together then practice their walking/posing for shows. It sounded so funny to me at the time, but I accepted the invitation and was on my way to my first "Sunday Session". From there, the rest is history!
I have been a part of Team Savage since 2006. I have the most wonderful coach, trainer, "mom" and friend. Not only that, but I have the support, motivation and love from so many other women around the world who also work with Cathy and are in the same boat as me. Although the sport can be very competitive individually, we all unite together and are there for each other 100%. Together we make up a team, a great team and I am so thankful for reaching out to Cathy, meeting her and having her welcome me with open arms to her program and family. It's been by far the best decision I've made for myself in my life.
I am proud to be a Savage Girl!
Check out Cathy and her services at www.cathysavagefitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment