Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Enjoying the Off Season

As discussed in a previous blog, there are 2 times of year for a fitness athlete: competition season & the "off season". I am currently in my off season, with my next show being in April 2010. I am absolutely loving this time of year and feel like I am getting so much accomplished! I am lifting like a maniac in the gym (watch out boys!), staying dedicated to my yoga practice, trying fun new classes and dare I say it - enjoying my cardio lol. It feels great to switch it up!

Although receiving my IFBB Pro Card in my bikini division at the 2009 NPC Team Universe show, I will be crossing over and competing in fitness for my first IFBB Pro show in April 2010 - it's very exciting! I'm thrilled with this decision, however I realize that I now need to work even harder in order to get there next year. In the IFBB, there are 5 mandatory strength/flexibility moves and I have yet to master all 5. This is something I am certainly working on right now and will take the next couple of months in order to do so. Along with working on my mandatory fitness routine moves, I also need to make some significant changes to my physique in order to stand tall and proud (ok, maybe not that tall because I'm only 5'1" haha)on that stage with the other IFBB competitors. This is why I am training like a maniac! I'm looking to put on some serious muscle in the short amount of time that I have.

So yes - lots of changes going on and in the works, but this girl is on fire and getting it done. I have the motivation, the drive and the desire...there's no stopping me! I'm working hard and putting everything I have into this in order to say that I absolutely gave it everything that I had...stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment