Monday, November 30, 2009

Back on Track

When the holidays roll around we all tend to attack the holidays the same way - we slowly start losing sight of our fitness goals and indulge in all of the wonderful food that the holidays bring. Needless to say, I certainly enjoyed my Thanksgiving holiday and enjoyed it straight on through until yesterday. When my family gets together, we just enjoy each others company and since I come from a big Italian/Portuguese family, these get-togethers always include food! You can almost never get away without eating something.

However yesterday I realized that I had enjoyed myself to the fullest and needed to get myself back on track. I hit the grocery store, planned some meals for the week and got to cooking in the kitchen. While I had my food cooking, I sat down to analyze my week and to map out my plan of attack in the gym. Next year brings a lot of new challenges my way, so I need to stay on top of my workouts and clean eating in order to get to where I want to be next year. I have a lot of obstacles in my way, but I am certain with a little bit of planning and implementing that I will certainly get there.

When I am prepared like this, it always helps me to stay on top of myself and accountable. We must always remember that we are the only ones that can get in our way of being successful. I woke up today feeling refreshed as it is a new day and a new start to a great week. You can be sure that I plan on getting it done this week! I am looking forward to what lies ahead - take the time to sit down and map out your week. This may make it a little easier for you to stick to your workouts and nutrition, knowing you have it all planned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment