Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rush Hour

It's the beginning of November, which kicks off the holiday season. Halloween is over and the Halloween decorations are coming down. In turn, new decorations are going up - winter holiday decorations. In November, we look forward to Thanksgiving but I feel that a lot of people just like to bypass this holiday all together and go straight to December. Yesterday I heard a local radio station officially start to play holiday music and malls/stores are starting to put up their holiday decorations! Is it me or are people jumping the gun here?

It seems as if everyone is in a rush these days - a rush to get to the next thing, a rush to end the day. Sometimes this can really frustrate me. Don't get me wrong - I'll find myself a lot of times running late and rushing. But why is it that our society is always in a state of rushing? Why can't we ever slow down? I'm making it a point to take each day one by one, to live each day to the fullest. Because if we constantly rush, we may just miss something fabulous that can happen in a a day. Make it a point to cherish every day!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! Last year the holiday season was rushed as well. I remember saying the same thing last year. This may sound strange, but when I find myself rushing through life, I like to listen to Jack Johnson. He always seems to slow me down and make me take notice of all of the great things I'm surrounded with now as opposed to rushing to get to the great things left to come.

    ReplyDelete