Friday, November 13, 2009

Food Food Food...

I am often asked by many people what I usually eat in a day - whether getting ready for a show or not. I thought it would be a good idea to let you all take a glance at one day in my off season to see what a typical day of eating could look like:

Egg white omelet made with spinach, salsa & fat free feta cheese
Oatmeal with blueberries

Greek yogurt with Kashi cereal, chopped apple & cinnamon

Weights & Cardio

1 scoop VPX Zero Carb Protein Powder (Graham Cracker flavor)
2 rice cakes

Ground turkey with brown rice, broccoli, peppers, onions

Shrimp stir fry with veggies & olive oil

Piece of dark chocolate


As you can see...there's a good amount of food variety in this day! A day set up like this gives me enough variety and satisfaction, which keeps me going all day long. It's comprised of my lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, veggies & good fat -not to mention a nice piece of chocolate at the end of the day :) Eating every 2-3 hours keeps my metabolism revved up and running, which ultimately keeps me burning calories all day long, and I'm never coming down crashing from my food, wanting more.

Take the time to write down what you eat in 1 day. At the end of the day, you might be surprised to see what you wrote. Sometimes as we near the end of a day, we can forget about those cookies we had after lunch or soda with dinner. Try to make better choices and please do not stay in the frame of mind of only eating breakfast, lunch & dinner. You need to have snacks in between these meals as well....this will keep your metabolism up and running!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment