Monday, November 9, 2009

From Coast to Coast


I'm just coming home from an AMAZING trip to the west coast with my sister - specifically, Ojai CA (right outside of Santa Barbara). My sister travels quite frequently for work, and once in a while I am very fortunate and lucky enough to join her on one of her work trips. In the past, I tagged along to Caribbean destinations such as the Turks & Caicos islands and St. Lucia for jazz festivals. However this time, we kept it in the U.S. and traveled across the country from the east coast to the west coast.
My trip started bright and early at 7:30am Thursday morning on the plane to CA. The flight was very comfortable and enjoyable. We flew low enough so that we could see everything below us that we were flying over and that made the flight that much more enjoyable. Leaving Boston, we flew over cities & towns then as we proceeded towards the west we were then flying over prairies, mountains and more notably the Colorado Rockies and the Grand Canyon - 2 glorious sights! I felt so blessed at that time that I had this opportunity to travel across the country.
From Los Angeles, I had to then take a 90 minute drive to Ojai, where I would be meeting my sister at the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa - a spectacular resort hidden away where no one would even know it existed if not known. I was mesmerized when I arrived - the inn was so quaint and small yet had a big resort vibe with all that it had to offer its guests. We grabbed lunch then had time to walk around the property. As my sister went to a client dinner later that night, I was able to relax in our comfortable room fit with a fireplace. The rest of the weekend included events such as a unique yet challenging class at the gym, a 10 mile bike ride to Lake Casitas, horseback riding, dinner at the famous Biltmore resort in Santa Barbara, a unique spa treatment called Kuyam at the Spa Ojai, and a gorgeous drive up the Pacific Coast to LAX. Needless to say - this was 1 trip that does not come by often and I am so happy that I decided to join her and am thankful for the opportunity.
It's great trips and experiences like these, especially when shared with loved ones, that make you open your eyes to see what else is out there in the world. The scenery alone on this past weekend's trip was utterly breaktaking. I love Boston and cherish our seasons, but man - is there something about Cali! I look forward to going back there in the future, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment